Monday, February 9, 2009

Good Reads (dot com)

One of my new favorite things is Good Reads. I had to join for my teen services class to keep track of all of the books that we have to read and post reviews for them. I've read 12 of the 22 so far and it's been very enjoyable to have an excuse to read teen fiction. I had been in somewhat of a reading lull recently, but I've found a lot of really good books. Including:

-An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
-The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian by Sherman Alexie
-The First Part Last by Angela Johnson
-American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang
-Chanda's Secrets by Allan Stratton
-Cathy's Book by Jordan Weisman
-Just Listen by Sara Dessen

Anyway, it's been fun to keep track of what I'm reading and plan to read through Good Reads. It's like Facebook, but for books instead of faces. There's also a Facebook application for it, so it combines my two favorite things: reading and people.

No comments: