Monday, November 17, 2008

Driving when it's NOT snowing

I do not like to drive. It took me forever to get my license because I kept putting it off/ failing the maneuverability test. This year, I've had to relinquish my pedestrian status and become a commuter, which has been a challenge for me, as silly as that sounds. Even though I will not admit to liking this new situation, I have enjoyed listening various books on tape and music. For instance, my round-trip drive to school is generally long enough that I can listen to the entire soundtrack of Juno, much to my enjoyment. It's also nice to not have to freeze to death outside on my way to class.

Today was less pleasant, as far as driving conditions go, as there was a mini-blizzard going on as I was driving to class. I don't know that I've ever had to drive in snow, because I have not had a car at my disposal for the past four years and when I was home from school, I let other people drive me around. Luckily, it let up by the time I got there and was completely over by the time class got out, but I have a bad feeling that that was but a precursor to the excitement that awaits me in the coming months [insert dramatic music]. Global-warming, where are you when I need you most?

No comments: