Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Kristi Yamaguchi and Multi-Grain Crackers

As I was sitting down for an afternoon snack of cheese and crackers, I scanned the All-Bran cracker box in front of me. "Why is there the smiling face of a lady holding a Frisbee on the right hand corner of the box?" I wondered to myself. Upon closer inspection, I saw that I was not just any smiling lady, but the face of Kristi Yamaguchi, ice-skating champion of my youthful days. The Frisbee that she held advertised an outdoor game set available by mail for the low price of $11.99, plus 2 All-Bran UPCs. The details, as well as another picture of the former ice-skater were on the back. Now, I'm not quite sure what multigrain crackers have to do with ice skating or frisbees, ring tosses, or velcroe ball catchers, but I'm glad to know that Kristi Yamaguchi is doing alright these days.

2 comments:

Mark Miller said...

They have everything to do with multi-grain crackers. I do trust that you made an order for the frisbee by now, right?

Cate said...

um, I'll get right on that.